Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Savvy Shopper and Freelance Writer for The Lubbock Avalanche Journal

Thursday, September 8, 2011

WORLD'S BIGGEST CHILDREN'S CONSIGNMENT EVENT... WELL, NOT REALLY, BUT CLOSE!


     THE BIGGEST children's consignment event in West Texas is happening this weekend at Highland Baptist Family Life Center in Lubbock, Texas. It's called Cradles 2 Crayons. If you've never heard of it before, brace yourself... For days prior to the event, moms log in their items and print high-tech bar code scanny tags for their items. Clothes are washed and pressed, and toys are cleaned. Then, the day of the sale, all volunteers get to shop first, then consigners, then it's open to the public through Saturday evening. The best part for me (aside from my consignment check) is finding treasures at half price on Saturday. I {L.O.V.E.} me some Gymboree, Children's Place, or Baby Gap for $1.50! Woot! That's actually where I was most of last night and today... either working on prepping my consignment stuff or shopping the early sale for consigners. I scored two gallon Zip-Loc bags of brand new looking Gymboree socks for just $2.00/bag! I also found a sweet little music box with sterling silver birth certificate holder, first tooth and first lock holders for $2.00! And, of course, I had to come away with something Hello Kitty, so I found a super cute tulle orange & pink sparkly skirt for my 2yo for $3.50. I almost forgot! I found a brand new-with-tags pair of Gymboree pink polka dot pants and two super cute Gymboree winter themed socks for only $2.00/ea. as well! Quite a nice little haul for less than $14 if I do say so myself!



     There's still time to go if you haven't already, so get ready to shop 'till you drop! Shopping hours are 9a-12a tonight, 10a-8p on Friday, and the "Most Things Half Off" sale is Saturday from 8a-1p. Bring an empty stroller or your own re-useable bags to shop with. But do hurry, because it's a gamble... if you see something you like, it may be there till the half off sale, or someone might be a one time shopper and snatch it up! So, don't waste any time and go tonight if at all possible.

xoxo,
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment