Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Savvy Shopper and Freelance Writer for The Lubbock Avalanche Journal

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WHERE, 'O WHERE, ARE YOU TONIGHT?


     "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME HERE ALL ALONE?" Well, here I am... in Dallas! I'm taking a little mom-cation. A much needed mommy vacation. When you go from happy to out done in 5 minutes or less, it's time to go!

     This is my very first time away from my entire family for more than 2 days straight. I was really scared to leave town... at first. But, when I rolled the windows down and let the cool air in, cranked up the radio to my favorite band, Spoken. Well, I was ready to get!   :)

     So, here I am, two days into this experiment and I'm feeling good. I've slept till 3:30 for two days in a row now. I have no idea why I wake up at 3:30 P.M. every day. Very weird, but whatevs. The sleep is much needed and solid. It's been a looooooong time since I slept solid through the night. Wow, I totally forgot what it was like.

     Also, I'm sorta overwhelmed at the possibilities for what I might do with all this free time. I don't get free time to myself at such large intervals, so I'm sorta flummoxed. LOL. I'm overwhelmed with the possibilities! But, it's a good overwhelmed.

     And now, I must give a very much earned and deserved shout out to my so very sweet and probably part crazy by now husband, the J-man, for offering to watch our children and even borderline demanding that I go. Wow, what an incredible blessing he is. It's like day after day of amazingly beautiful self sacrifice. I'm so deeply appreciative and falling deeper in love with him as the time apart grows.

     K, sorry about the sappy stuff, but you know how it is when you are away from your sweetie. :)

xoxo,
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment