Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Savvy Shopper and Freelance Writer for The Lubbock Avalanche Journal

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I HATE COUPONING! I USED TO ANYWAY...

THIS IS THE AMUSE-BOUCHE OF MY FIRST SAVVY SHOPPER ARTICLE THAT I PROMISED. CLICK THROUGH TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE. :)

I need to introduce myself. My name is Rachel. I’m a native Alabamian, but I got to West Texas as soon as I could! I’m a wife and a mom. I love couponing and sharing deals, and I’m so excited to be The AJ’s newest Savvy Shopper.

I haven’t always been a fan of coupons though. In fact, I had a very bad experience with couponing when I was a child and it negatively affected my view and use of coupons for 25 years. I was so scarred by my experience that I didn’t even want to look at them or talk about them. This devastating event took place in a small hair salon off a major highway in Birmingham, Ala. I was 5 years old, and my grandmother (whom I love dearly), needed a perm. Back in those days a perm was a three- to four-hour commitment; a commitment I had no interest in participating in. My grandmother, knowing I was completely unwilling to tag along, decided that she would give me a project that would entertain me and keep me out of trouble while simultaneously helping her prepare for her grocery trip that afternoon.

It was couponing.




xoxo,
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment