Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Savvy Shopper and Freelance Writer for The Lubbock Avalanche Journal

Saturday, December 17, 2011

COUPONING MY FAMILY OUT OF WIC

If you’re an extreme couponer, then you probably have a few extras of everything your family needs. You may even have an obscene amount of something you found for free or ridiculously cheap. I do! My latest find was Tide 50 oz. bottles for less than $4 at CVS. For the first time ever I have about a year’s supply of laundry detergent on hand. Sometimes I just open my laundry room cabinet and admire my stockpile. Don’t laugh.

If you’re into planning ahead or cooking from scratch, then you probably know that feeling of being prepared. It feels good to have plenty of supplies on hand. When bad weather hits, it’s no problem. We can hunker down for a while and never think twice about it.

But, I’ll admit, things have not always been this way in my house. In fact, less than a year ago we were on WIC. That was not a fun period in my grocery shopping life. Not only was I embarrassed to ask for the help, I felt that others around me at the stores were judging me when I was getting that help.

Enter couponing.


xoxo,
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment